Ranking nationally as one of the Best Big Companies™ to work for, whilst being recognised for excelling in the area of Learning and Development, it has never been a better time to explore career opportunities at Morson Group.
With over 50 years of experience, and as a family-run business, our independence and depth of offer means that we think and operate differently; giving you access to the right people at the right time; we listen, understand and develop solutions for you. It’s our specialist expertise people come for and it’s the personal experience that they stay for.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to support our Head of Information Systems Services in the day to day running of the department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of the team, overseeing the capturing of new systems or data requirements, and ensuring the effective implementation of new systems and data initiatives. This position plays a critical role in ensuring smooth communication between the IS department and the wider business.
• Day-to-Day Management: Lead, motivate, and manage the Information Systems team ensuring efficient day-to-day operations.
• Workload Prioritisation: Assess and prioritise workload for the Information Systems team, ensuring critical tasks are addressed promptly.
• Requirement Capturing: Oversee the gathering and documentation of new systems or data requirements from various business units.
• Testing: Develop test plans, resource the testing activities, and ensure all systems are thoroughly tested before roll-out.
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Coordinate and organise UAT, ensuring all identified stakeholders are involved and feedback is effectively integrated.
• Implementation Planning: Develop comprehensive plans for the implementation of new systems or changes to existing systems. Ensure the plans are resourced.
• Communication: Ensure stakeholders are informed about updates, downtimes, and changes.
• Change Advisory Board (CAB) Activities: Coordinate CAB activities, ensuring all changes are reviewed, approved, and implemented in a controlled manner.
• Quality Assurance: Foster a results-driven culture within the department, continually seeking ways to improve system efficiency, security, and user experience.
Candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Information Systems role, with at least 1 year in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Project Co-ordination
• Familiarity with Change Management and CAB processes.
• Previous experience in a recruitment or HR-focused company.
• Relevant professional certifications, such as ITIL or PRINCE2.
• Knowledge of GDPR and other relevant data protection regulations in the UK.
• Strong leadership and team management skills.
• Results-oriented and quality-driven approach.
• Proactive and able to work under pressure.
• Detail-oriented with a keen eye for spotting inconsistencies or errors.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
Working with us
Here at Morson, we are a family run company, and our values reflect that. Alongside working at one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for™, you will also receive:
• 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• A bespoke training, learning and development plan including opportunity to enrol in our tailored employee development programmes with our internal and external trainers
• A colleague health and well-being programme
• Access to meritocracy initiative schemes - Our next trip is either Mexico, Barbados, Cuba, or Dubai!
• Mental health support via free confidential advice and counselling services
• Access to free wellbeing apps
• Free parking
Health & Wellbeing
Our health and wellbeing agenda is built into our DNA, we care for the mind, body and soul of our colleagues.
• 200 Health MOT's delivered across our Group
• 50 Mental Health First Aiders
• 'Most Innovative Benefit' - MorFit
• Recruiter Investing in Talent awards
• 93 Managers have completed mental health in the workplace training
Ensuring broad acceptance of mental health and wellbeing is a Group-wide priority and we have weekly initiatives which care for the wellbeing of our colleagues, foster collaboration and make Morson a great place to work. These include:
• Virtual and studio fitness classes and yoga
• Financial wellbeing programmes
• Virtual after-school activities for children
• Mental health workshops
How to Apply
However you identify or whatever your previous field of employment, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where were all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, so please get in touch with us if you have any queries or would like to talk through the position.
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact our internal Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your application!
Come from any background, industry or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we’d love to hear from you.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.