Ranking nationally as one of the Best Big Companies™ to work for, whilst being recognised for excelling in the area of Learning and Development, it has never been a better time to explore career opportunities at Morson Group.
With over 50 years of experience and as a family-run business, our independence and depth of offer means that we think and operate differently; giving you access to the right people at the right time; we listen, understand and develop solutions for you. It’s our specialist expertise people come for and it’s the personal experience that they stay for.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Credit Control team, as a Credit Controller. This person will manage a portfolio of client accounts to ensure the prompt and efficient collection of invoices in line with the team targets for reduction of debtor days and cash collection performances.
- You will have responsibilities across Cash Collection, Query Resolution & Account Management
- To achieve monthly cash collection targets by using proactive and overdue credit control
- Monitoring daily cash received to ensure that accurate information is always available for reporting purposes
- Liaise with colleagues to resolve invoicing queries
- Process credit notes once the required authorisation has been obtained
- Ensure excellent client service in all interactions
- Provide statements to clients monthly
- Reconciliation of client accounts on both billed and unbilled debt in excel format, providing necessary information that will indicate amounts due and queries to be resolved
- Previous Credit Control experience in a large organisation
- Target driven
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player with flexible and committed approach
- Strong communication skills – telephone & email
- Strong Excel Skills - Vlookup and Pivot Tables
Working at Morson:
Here at Morson, we are a family run company, and our values reflect that. Alongside working at one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for™, you will also receive:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible, hybrid model working
- Investment into your Learning & Development
- A colleague health and well-being programme
- Free access to on site gym and discounted gym membership rates
- Rooftop bar & social area access
- Access to meritocracy initiative schemes - Our next trip is Cuba!
- Mental health support via free confidential advice and counselling services
- Access to free wellbeing apps
- Free parking
However you identify or whatever your previous field of employment, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where were all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, so please get in touch with us if you have any queries or would like to talk through the position.
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact our internal Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Wellbeing
Our health and wellbeing agenda is built into our DNA, we care for the mind, body and soul of our colleagues.
- 200 Health MOT's delivered across our Group
- 50 Mental Health First Aiders
- 'Most Innovative Benefit' - MorFit
- Recruiter Investing in Talent awards
- 93 Managers have completed mental health in the workplace training
Ensuring broad acceptance of mental health and wellbeing is a Group-wide priority and we have weekly initiatives which care for the wellbeing of our colleagues, foster collaboration and make Morson a great place to work. These include:
- Virtual and studio fitness classes and yoga
- Financial wellbeing programmes
- Virtual after-school activities for children
- Mental health workshops
We look forward to reading your application!
Come from any background, industry or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we’d love to hear from you.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.