Job Title: Vetting Consultant
Contract: PAYE Temp, 6 months (conversion to permanent opportunities possible)
Rate: £11.00 per hour
Hours : 40 per week (opportunities for overtime available also)
Morson are the UK’s leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years’ experience, a turnover in excess of £860 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are looking for a number driven, enthusiastic background screening consultants to join our security vetting team based at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre). Morson Screening, our security vetting company, offers an outsourced vetting service to a number of clients within heavily regulated sectors including defence and aviation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducing pre-employment checks as defined by the client. This can include processing referencing history (employment or academic)
- Obtaining, processing and analysing criminal record checks (UK and overseas) and conducing criminal record assessments as and where appropriate.
- Supporting candidates through the security vetting application process, completing all relevant paperwork and ensuring our online portal is completed appropriately.
- Verifying identification and right to work documentation through appropriate government channels and processes.
- Reviewing and signing background screening files off from a compliance perspective, ensuring completed vetting is in an presentable format for the client to review and approve.
Those who come back a security vetting, background screening or compliance background are highly advantageous however those with strong customer service experience and a high attention to detail will also be considered where appropriate. Previous experience within a fast faced, high volume environment is ideal.
Please note, successful applications will be required to undergo BPSS security clearance prior to starting in post. This will include a basic DBS check.
We have free parking on site and a free gym (induction required).
Morson Group is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.