Are you interested in Quantity Surveying? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and develop your skills?
At St Modwen Homes, wea re looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to support our commercial staff and learn all aspects of Quantity Surveying. This position is designed to provide comprehensive training and mentorship to individuals who are eager to develop their skills and contribute to the success of our projects. This programme is designed and focused on making leaders of the future, so if you’re looking to work with a ‘5 Star Builder’ then then take a look at what we’re looking for below..
Key tasks will include:
- Work with St Modwen Homes to develop commercial learning and assisting in achieving St Modwen’s commercial strategy and objectives across projects.
- Complete training and personal development to enhance current and potential future role capability
- Understanding the Cost Value Review process and the principles behind cost management/cost creep
- Carry out the procurement process including enquiries, and analysis for approval by the Project/Senior QS
- Assist in valuing supply chain accounts
- Aware of Work in Progress controls
- Be aware of St Modwen Homes cost allowance within the appraisal and the general principles of project appraisal
- Work collaboratively with Project/Site Managers
- Work on winder St Modwen projects as and when required
- Record sales additions across the projects
- Promote and live the value of St Modwen Homes
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Higher education industry discipline, relevant qualification or willingness to achieve the relevant professional qualification
- A willingness to develop commercial capability across various projects
- An understanding and appetite to learn commercial and technical skills
- Good communication skills
- Full valid driving licence
- Ability to work as part of a small team and make a positive impact
We are leading the way in delivering quality places to live and work that enhance communities and create opportunities for growth and shared returns.
You’ll also get a package that includes:
- Highly competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Car allowance
- Travel allowance
- Sick ay
- Pension contribution
- Learning & development opportunities
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. St. Modwen is a forces-friendly employer and actively supports applications from members of the Armed Forces community.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk.