With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world's biggest brands.
One of our major clients requires a Senior HR Consultant to join their team. Whilst having all the benefits of being employed and backed by Morson Group, you will have an exciting opportunity to build trusting relationships with key stakeholders both internally and in the client management teams. Acting as a strategic partner, you will provide insight from the analysis of key data trends to clients and be a key point of contact for the client’s internal HR team and managers, ensuring successful delivery of the HR outsource service provision.
The role requires a broad understanding of employment law and employee relations and will have primary responsibility of managing employee relations, absence and performance management.
You will be based at our Head Office in Trafford Park with a primary responsibility of managing employee relations, absence, and performance management.
We are looking for someone who has strong employee relations and HR outsourcing experience and the ability to focus on the client’s needs and deliver quality service.
General Role Responsibilities –
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions
- Training hiring managers on candidate interview evaluation techniques
- Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
- Using HR information systems to access, input and compile data
- Identifying development needs
- Conducting absence reviews and working with line managers to proactively reduced absence
- Suggesting new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations (e.g. ATS and HRIS software)
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Supporting line managers with performance appraisals and development plans
- Researching and recommending performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and recommending improvements to the HRBP and client stakeholders to ensure these are in line with current legislation and best practice
- Advising managers on best practice, policy and employment law in capability investigations, and other ER processes including grievances and disciplinaries
- Driving the business performance in relation to the client’s objectives
- Managing the delivery of Learning and Development initiatives and employee education programmes in line with client strategic objectives.
- Acting as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other HR team members
- Support the outsource HR administration and payroll teams where necessary
- Provide support to the Senior HR team on special projects where necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement
- A Master’s degree in business administration, human resources management or data analytics is desirable
- CIPD Level 5 minimum qualified is essential
- Proven work experience as an HR advisor, HR consultant or similar role
- Experience of managing large numbers of ER cases at any one time
- Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
- Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
- Ability to design clear and fair company policies
- Driven and determined
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, and data management skills
- Highly resilient and able to work under pressure
- Ability to translate data into coherent value adding MI to enable sound decision making
- Highly organised and responsive, with ability to work to SLAs and tight deadlines
- Experience in creating reporting frameworks
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn new change methodology and tools
What do you get?
- A competitive base salary depending on experience
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A colleague health and well-being programme
- A free onsite gym
- Continual training and development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability, and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.