Ranking nationally as one of the Best Big Companies™ to work for, whilst being recognised for excelling in Learning and Development, it has never been a better time to explore career opportunities at Morson Group.
With over 50 years of experience and as a family-run business, our independence and depth of offer means that we think and operate differently; giving you access to the right people at the right time; we listen, understand, and develop solutions for you. It’s our specialist expertise people come for and it’s the personal experience that they stay for.
With revenues of almost £1bn, international businesses across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world’s biggest brands. But, even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you, and we care. Let us show you that Morson Group is the perfect next step for you, as we support you both personally and professionally.
What is the role about?
This role involves the high-volume recruitment of Blue-Collar candidates within a manufacturing/automotive/logistics sector and will provide a full 360 service to existing clients as well as bringing on new client relationships.
- Maintaining and developing new client relationships
- Managing new contractors and ensuring a smooth onboarding process
- Ensure that all working contractors comply with client and statutory requirements and resolve any queries regarding salary, absences or any other factors which may affect performance
- Working with existing clients to take comprehensive job brief
- End to end Contract recruitment
- Proactively manage a database of candidates
- Ensure candidates are kept informed and receive a high level of customer service
- Telephone screen, interview and register candidates in line with company standards
- Resource/ Headhunt candidates
- Experienced recruiter (Manufacturing/Automotive/Logistics experience would be advantageous) OR someone with similar sector experience who would like to develop a career with us
- Experience working high-volume roles
- Ability and motivation for developing new client relationships
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic
- Highly organised, reliable and always keen to help
- Great attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- Happy and able to work as part of a team
- Integrity - ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A keenness and hunger for success
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary and generous quarterly bonus scheme, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), flexible working. free onsite parking, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it’s like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.