On-Site Recruitment Coordinator – Aerospace
With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world's biggest brands.
Even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you and we care.
One of our major clients requires a Recruitment Coordinator to be based on-site. Whilst having all the benefits of being employed and backed by Morson Group, you will have an exciting opportunity to be in the thick of coordinating recruitment for this prestigious client, supporting both key Stakeholders and candidates alike in their recruitment and on-boarding journey.
This is a great entry level/stepping-stone opportunity for either someone at the beginning of their recruitment career, or indeed someone who is a strong administrator and communicator who is interested in a change of industry.
This is a full-time on-site position, however there will be some flexibility to WFH if needed and once fully on-boarded.
Typical duties within the role will include -
Recruitment of Candidates
- Submit candidates supplied by the Morson recruitment team to the client and chase feedback
- Interview, screen and communicate with candidates in line with company standards, either in person, by phone or online
- Carry out candidate negotiations and prepare contracts
- To ensure that all working contractors comply with client and statutory requirements.
- To assist in security clearance procedures
- To operate in accordance with Morson Talent, Aerospace policies and procedures
- Be professional and efficient whilst representing Morson
- Other client site visits required to attend recruitment meetings and contractor clinics
- To maintain an accurate database by regularly updating candidate and client profiles
- To obtain full requisition details and person specifications from clients in order to facilitate an accurate matching selection
- Pro-actively facilitate the matching process of candidate to client requirements
- Comply with all data protection guidelines in line with company policies
- Deal with client queries in an efficient and professional manner
- To carry out any ad hoc duties required for the role
What we are looking for -
- Candidates need to be able to obtain security clearance
- Full driving licence required as client site visits are required to be undertaken
- Experience within a recruitment or similar fast paced client facing environment
- Strong Administration experience
- Good level of excel experience
- Professional approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build a rapport with colleagues, clients and candidates at all levels
Come from any background, industry, or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we'd love to hear from you.
Commitment and hard work are rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free onsite parking, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after the mind, body, and soul of each of our colleagues.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.