With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world’s biggest brands.
Even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you and we care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Client Compliance & Audit here at our HQ in Manchester. This person will lead the relationships for a number of our clients and be expected to originate opportunities whilst providing support across planning, compliance, solutions, implementation and risk management. This role supports the Morson Group and additional recruitment businesses associated with the Group.
- You will lead the relationships for a number of our clients and be expected to originate opportunities, deliver against those and drive our strategy
- Identify and maximise business opportunities across the group and selling recruitment solutions across MSP, PRO and PSL
- Experience delivering value add into clients across small, medium and large sized businesses nationally and internationally
- Providing client support across planning, compliance, solutions, software, implementation and risk management
- To run and manage client relationships and deliver exceptional client service
- To be an industry leader in IR35 improvement planning with respect to the client existing approach, this includes:
- Detailing the PSC Population
- Understanding the current IR35 status and the determination tool used
- Understanding the outside IR35 risk
- Evaluating the financial and operational impact, analysing the options and exploring the pros and cons
- Implementing across training and awareness, policies and existing determinations
- Understanding the current client position, protect the supply chain from financial and reputational risk, de-risk the supply chain through compliance audits and communicate a clear message
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in client facing role
- Ability to develop and sustain client relationships at a senior level and pro-active approach to networking in the external market
- A willingness and flexibility to generate new business
- Ability to look forward and understand prevailing trends in compliance and audit and a focus on translating these changes for the benefit of clients
- Previous experience of leading recent IR35 change in public and private sector
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the IR35 process
- Understanding of the clients policies, processes and controls with the ability to identify weaknesses and make recommendations
- Engaged in a variety of client facing networking activities
- Communicates with impact with clients and colleagues, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service delivery
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm, confidence and the ability to challenge decisions
Come from any background, industry or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we’d love to hear from you.
Commitment and hard work are rewarded with a competitive salary and generous quarterly bonus scheme, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free onsite parking, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after the mind, body and soul of each of our colleagues. You can read more about what it’s like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.