Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £860 million and have offices across the globe.
We are looking for a Handyman to assist with the day to day maintenance of Manchester offices and to provide Facilities and Health and Safety support to all offices within the UK.
This role is focused on general maintenance. The role is not physically challenging but does require someone who has a good range of experience.
You will be working with a well established and friendly Facilities team.
Role Responsibilities –
- Regular maintenance of external garden plantation at Head Office
- To identify and report to Facilities Manager any potential hazardous situations within the workplace
- Asses and action plan all risks and repairs and ensuring correct usage of warning notices and barriers
- To carry our any repairs inside and outside the building within your own abilities
- To be proactive in identifying at risk situations and suggest solutions within the workplace
- To liaise with external contractors upon arrival on site and brief them on Morson Health and Safety information to ensure their safety whilst on our premises.
- To maintain contractors and supplier’s database
- To escort contractors whilst on the premises
- Record any customer complaints and manage in line with the corrective and preventative action procedure
- Routine building inspections at Head Office
- Obtain quotes for repair work to present to Facilities Manager
- Ensure measures are in place to ensure all areas are safe
- Assist with office moves and re-organisations
- Provide ad-hoc driving duties
- To manage collection and distribution of supplier deliveries
- Management of car park to ensure the area is a safe working environment and to ensure a smooth operation during events
- Assist the Facilities Manager with internal and external events
- Effective use of equipment and processes for basic plumbing, tiling, electrical & painting tasks
Health & Safety
- To carry out and record findings of site inspections within the workplace
- Liaise with HSQE Team to create an action plan to resolve identifies Health and Safety risks
- Disposal of waste in accordance with current legislation
- Review and update documentation in relation to identified risks and ensure the risk is being managed
- To manage all maintenance documentation to comply with audit standards and requirements
- Liaise with the Departmental Heads in relation to preventative action within each team
- To provide the necessary records for internal audits and / or investigations.
- To monitor office equipment to ensure they are maintained to Health and Safety standards
- Carry out DSE assessments as required
- Manage the process of providing additional working equipment as a result of DSE assessments
- Liaising with external contractors for Fire Alarm, PAT Testing and First Aid inspections
Role specifics -
- Some evening work required plus 2 weekends per month
- Weekend on-call (overtime paid at time and a half, Sundays paid double time)
- Hours are 37.5 flexible between 8am and 5.30pm
- Travel required between Manchester offices, and on occasions UK wide
- Driving license essential (pool car provided)
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary and generous quarterly bonus scheme, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free onsite parking, Flexible/ home working, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.