You may have heard of us, and here at Urenco, we are a global long-term supplier in the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services.
With growth constantly happening in our sector we are looking to grow and develop the future talent of our business and help those with us to learn and grow. We have an exciting new opportunity within our Group Finance Team, as an Assistant Financial Officer.
This position is based at our Stoke Poges office near Slough. Within this role you’ll be responsible for providing financial information and support to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance function and the wider business. Support will be provided to gain a professional accounting qualification (CIMA) to help develop the individual in this role.
This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to earn whilst gaining your qualifications, and gain the experience to help kickstart your career, with a company that has the drive and resources to set you up for your future.
What will your day look like?
• Business partnering with functional budget holders to help assist with analysing actual costs vs forecast and budget within the reporting system.
• Guiding budget holders through the forecasting and budgeting processes and be the first point of contact for any queries including the wider Finance team.
• Analyse & reconcile SAP balance sheet accounts.
• Assist the Finance team with customer invoicing processes, including the accurate recording of revenue across the different Urenco sites.
• Process monthly recharges, recurring journals and cost centre manager accruals and prepayments
• Input headcount figures into the reporting system and perform analysis vs budget.
What do you need to be great at this role
• You will hold a university degree within a Finance field
• CIMA study support included as part of this role
• Relevant work experience would be desirable within a financial role or industry.
• Advanced knowledge of MS applications including Excel & Word
• Experience working within SAP or other accounting software would be desirable
• Strong team-player with good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
• Annual leave of 27 days per annum.
• Access to a generous bonus scheme.
• Hybrid working model offering up to two days a week from home. With early 1:30pm finishes on Fridays!
• A defined and substantial pension scheme.
• Flexible benefits package including life assurance and income protection.
• Paid time off for volunteering.
• Opportunity to access our private medical and dental insurance schemes.
• Education and training we take pride in creating bespoke training plans to help people learn and develop.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch. We would love to talk to you about the culture and atmosphere, and the future of this position/
We look forward to hearing from you!