Management Accountant – 9 month FTC
Morson are the UK’s leading technical recruitment agency, with over 50 years’ experience, a turnover of more than £850 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are looking an Management Accountant to join our Finance team. This is a key role within the business and a great opportunity to showcase your skills as well as develop within the role.
The role is office based at our Headquarters in Trafford Park and is on a full-time fixed term basis covering maternity leave (this role has potential to go permanent due to growth at the end of the 9 months although we cannot currently guarantee this at this time).
Preparation of management accounts and supplementary reports, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of the Morson Talent flash report, including explanations for movements month on month
- Assistance in preparation of Morson Talent management accounts
- Preparation of branch accounts, review for accuracy and reconciliation to management accounts
- Preparation of client profit, review for accuracy and reconciliation to the management accounts
- Preparation of Key Accounts data
- Provision of reports and ad hoc data to branch managers
- Preparation of reconciliations and investigation and resolution of reconciling items
- Calculation of rebates
- Reconciliation credit/ purchasing cards.
- Assist with preparation of VAT return
- Completion of ONS returns
- Liaise with different internal stakeholders
- Continual efforts to critically assess and improve processes
Experience and Skills
You will ideally be AAT Level 4 qualified and have demonstrable reporting experience across all the elements of management accounting, gained within an industry environment. You must be prepared to take a hands-on approach and get involved in all levels of the analysis and reporting process.
- Timely and accurate output
- All reconciliations completed (with reconciling items investigated and resolved) every month.
- Ability to explain operational reasons for movements in the profit and loss account, supported by detailed analysis
- Evidence of challenging the status quo and implementing process improvements
- Able to work as part of a team
- Integrity - ensure and maintain confidentiality of information and data at all times
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of working in a recruitment agency would be an advantage but not essential
Morson is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service’s ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.